Is this your time? Are you ready for Your Dream to Come True?
True, it sounds hard. In fact, it probably is hard, with a number of obstacles to overcome. That may be reason enough to put your dream on permanent hold. However, what good thing is ever easy?
“Obstacles are like wild animals. They are cowards but they will bluff you if they can. If they see you are afraid of them… they are liable to spring upon you; but if you look them squarely in the eye, they will slink out of sight.”– Orison Swett Marden, writer
I’ve got a lot of dreams, and it’s never too late to live them. When I’m feeling overwhelmed and intimidated, I often remember what I’ve already managed to accomplish. For instance – what schooling have you accomplished? Jobs? People you’ve loved? Places you’ve traveled? Certificates you’ve achieved? Mentions of honor? People you’ve inspired? We often do more than we take credit for…
There’s no better time than now to begin living the life you’ve imagined.
The easiest way to turn a dream into reality is one step at a time:
- Choose one thing to get done. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
- Identify what scares you most. Ask yourself: what’s the worst thing that could happen if I face this fear? Write down the worst-case scenario and how you would confront it.
- Identify a small reward for yourself once you’ve accomplished that activity.
- Then just do it. Complete and check that task off your list.
- Now treat yourself to the reward, rejoice, and celebrate!
- Repeat the above steps as many times as necessary and watch yourself get happier and healthier by pursuing what you love.
Article written by: Phoebe Jenkins – Health Coach